To gain insight into ways to build trust in precision medicine. A lack of trust can be considered a risk in the development of precision medicine. To better understand such a risk several questions need to be explored:
- In the era of big data and precision medicine, what is trust?
- In contrast to trust, what is ‘trustworthiness’? And ‘confidence’?
- What are the risks if trust is lacking or incomplete?
- Could novel technologies help build trust?
- What is the role of the medical sector?
- What is the role of industry?
- Can trust be measured? Can it be mandated?
Around 30 experts from various disciplines and countries, including research, policy, regulation, and industry.