IRGC’s work is disseminated to a wide audience comprising policy- and decision-makers in both the public and the private sector as well as to practitioners who work in risk governance at the interface of science and policy.
IRGC produces various types of publications:
(1) Concept Notes frame and outline a particular risk or issue, its key questions and governance deficits. Concept Notes may set the stage for possible further project work and collaboration and are reviewed internally but are not subject to external peer review.
(2) Policy Briefs stem from formal IRGC project work, which includes the participation of representative experts in the field and often entails multi-disciplinary or multi-stakeholder workshops. Policy Briefs include IRGC recommendations for risk governance approaches and are subject to external peer review.
(3) Reports are comprehensive, analytic and detailed documents about a particular issue. They are subject to an external peer review.
(4) Opinion Pieces are the products of specific named authors, giving them more freedom to express their opinions on a topic. The views and policy prescriptions presented in an Opinion Piece are those of the authors and are not a consensus judgement by IRGC, its reviewers, or its sponsors. Opinion Pieces are subject to external peer review.
(5) White Papers are reports or guides that help readers understand an issue, solve a problem, or make a decision. They are used broadly in the policy sphere and are subject to comprehensive and thorough external peer review.
IRGC publications are divided in Core Concepts of Risk Governance, Reports on Special Issues, Snapshots (illustrations of IRGC methods and tools), IRGC Related Publications and General Informaiton About IRGC (e.g. Annual Reports).
IRGC publications are available to download free of charge (upon registration). If you wish to obtain paper copies of a particular publication, please contact us.
To learn more about IRGC projects and their respective publications, please visit Risk Governance and Issues.