In addition to in-depth work on specific risk issues, IRGC produces snapshots of specific issues which have drawn IRGC’s attention. These short papers serve as illustrations of certain aspects of IRGC’s methods and tools.
Risk Governance Framework
- Ewen Todd, Andrew Knight, and a team from the Michigan State University, The Risk of Listeria Arising from the Use of Unpasteurized Milk in Cheese Production (pdf)
- Sabine Bonneck, The Discovery and Communication to the Public in Germany of Acrylamides in Foods (pdf)
Risk Governance Deficits
- Marie-Valentine Florin, Jianhua Xu, Risk governance: An Overview of Drivers and Success Factors, for the Global Assessment Report on Disaster Risk Reduction 2015.
- Leeka Kheifets, John Swanson and Shaiela Kandel, A Case Study on Risk Governance of Electromagnetic Fields: Mobile Phones and Power Lines (pdf)
- Kjellrun Hiis Hauge, Belinda Cleeland, and Douglas Clyde Wilson, Fisheries Depletion and Collapse (pdf)
- Joyce Tait, Risk Governance of Genetically Modified Crops in Europe: Decision nodes and incubation periods in generating a risk governance deficit (pdf)
Contributing Factors to Risk Emergence
Improving Anticipation of and Early Response to Emerging Risks
- Peter Wielinga and Jorgen Schlundt, Combating the Risk of Antimicrobial Resistance in Animals for the Benefit of Human Health in Denmark (pdf)
- Kenneth A. Oye, Proactive and Adaptive Governance of Emerging Risks: The Case of DNA Synthesis and Synthetic Biology (pdf)